Why you should eat THIS one healthy meal
A tale about a healthy meal
I always wondered...
What does it really mean to "eat healthy"?
Then I came across this concept of the 80/20 rule.
Eating nutritious foods 80% of the time, while indulging for the remaining 20%
I decided to give it a go...
But didn't know if I was doing it right. My meals were all over the place.
Do these fries with dipping go into the 80 or the 20. Who knows? And I'd get bored of stir fries by Tuesday. Not to mention- prepping and cooking were always a hassle.
I needed to figure out one good meal to stick to for the week .
Because if I could figure out just one healthy meal I could stick to everyday, I'm already almost halfway there.
How? Let's do some quick maths:
Let's say we eat 3 meals a day, that's 21 meals a week. So the number of healthy meals a week we would need is 80% of 21 meals, which is about 16 healthy meals.
If we ate 1 healthy meal a day, that would be 7 healthy meals a week. 7 divided by 16 is 44% (≈ 50)... ta-da!
So I was on the hunt for a healthy breakfast. Because it's the first meal when we're usually not too fussy and want something light. I decided to start making proats using oats, chia and our all-in-one blends.
My first bite was delicious- creamy, crunchy, flavourful and perfectly sweetened.
After demolishing this jar of proats, I sat there- (satiated) and wondered,
"Could it be?"...
"Is this something I can and will eat everyday?"...
"What does the future hold?"
And here we are 2 years later. After having it every single morning, I want to share the same simple breakfast that's kept me going. Simple and INCREDIBLY delicious.
And ofcourse... healthy.
Plant protein from peas and beans, fibre & omegas from seeds, vitamins & minerals from the freeze dried fruits & veggies keep me feeling full, nourished and energized!
Also, the different flavours help keep things interesting.